Attractions | Hotels | Restaurants | Overview | Transportation & Travel Map
- Xuan Huong Lake: It is a lovely lake in Dalat which stretches for nearly 5 kilometers. This lake was created from a dam project which got destroyed by a storm and then the current Xuan Huong Lake was built in its place in 1935. Here you can rent windsurfing boards and paddle boats to take a spin around the river, though most people generally prefer taking long walks around.
- Valley of Love: It is the popular name for Thung Lung Tinh Yeu Park, located about 3.2 kilometers away from the town centre. This is nice place for taking leisurely strolls and it also has a small lake where boating can be done.
- Than Tho Lake : It is popularly known as the Lake of Sorrow after an age old myth of a young girl having drowned here for her lover. This lake is very popular among the honeymooners.
- Prenn Fall: Situated at the bottom of the Prenn pass, nearly 10 kilometers from Dalat, this place is well known for its flora and fauna. People generally come here to see its wildlife.
- Gougah Fall: About 40 km away from Dalat, this waterfall has naturally separated water ways at the center of the fall.
- Lat Village or Chicken Village: This is the village of the Co Ho people, with a huge cement sculpture of a chicken at its centre.
- Linh Phuoc Pagoda: It is a very contemporary pagoda housing a statue of Buddha made of gold and also has a very fascinating garden around it.
-Crazy house and crazy monkAfter lunch we are visiting the Crazy House. It is a hotel, built in the Alice in Wonderland style. The buildings are like hollow trees, and there are numerous statues of animals in and around the rooms. It all looks like being in a fairy tail, and thatís the intention of the owner.
Next stop is the pagoda of the Crazy Monk Vien Thuc. This Buddhist monk is actually an artist, and his gallery (more like a barn) is full of his paintings and sculptures. Many self portraits (ďMeĒ), and portraits of Vincent van Gogh (ďMe in the pastĒ). Buddhists believe in reincarnation, but we donít know if heís serious. Anyway, itís an excentric guy, and itís fun to wander around in his gallery and gardens.
Sports and Entertainments
Dalat Palace Golf Club
Location: The golf course is located in the centre of Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
Characteristics: This is an 18-hole golf course with international technical standards.
The Dalat Palace Golf Club is a golf retreat that soothes the senses, invigorates the body and calms the mind. Since the opening of Dalat Palace Golf Club in 1922, it has hosted golfers from around the world.
In early 1994, Dalat emerged once again as the ideal golf retreat in Southeast Asia with the revival and expansion of Dalat Palace Golf Club. The 18-hole course is crafted into the area�s gently rolling hills, surrounded by stately pine trees, and seated above majestic Xuan Huong Lake.
The Dalat Palace Golf Club remains linked to its past by the original clubhouse, built in 1956 when the initial 9-hole club was first renovated. The clubhouse has been fully restored and remains in use today with a full pro shop, restaurant, fireplace and outdoor patio areas. The clubhouse restaurant offers both superb Vietnamese and International cuisine.
At 7,009 yards in length and par 72, Dalat Palace Golf Club is an enjoyable challenge for golfers of all levels. Low handicap players will be tested by a series of lakes, which meander through ten of eighteen holes, as well as strategically placed bunkers, which penalize the miscalculating risk-taker. Novice players will find relief with large accommodating greens normally left open for run-up approach shots, as well as wide, forgiving fairways.
Dalat Palace Golf Club features par 3's ranging in length from 164 to 234 yards and par 5's up to 556 yards. These varied lengths allow a true examination of one's golfing skills, and require that players use each club in their bag - the hallmark of a great golf course. Four different tee areas on each hole allow players to determine their own degree of challenge on the course.
A full practice area complements the golf course, with an open 290-yard driving range, a putting green, and practice bunkers.
The Dalat Palace Golf Club is the only golf course in South East Asia with bent grass tees, fairways and greens - considered to be the ultimate playing surface in golf. The large, undulating bent grass greens are maintained to impeccable standards.