Tour code: VNMOR5
Trip starts in : Hanoi
Trip ends in : Hanoi
Tour Price: Contact us
PERFUME PAGODA. Day trip, ~140 km.
Perfume Pagoda, VietnamRide to Perfume Pagoda on country road, snaking through many Viet villages. Then a boat is waiting to take us on the Yen river to the foot of the mountain. Walk to the most well known pagoda - Huong Tich - requires a 4-km walk straight up the mountainside, passing through Tien Son, Giai Oan and Cua Vong pagodas on the way. Two of these pagodas, Tien Son and Huong Tich are built into the caves.
It should be noted that the site attracts the greatest pilgrimage in North Vietnam during the three months following Tet (New Year according to the lunar calendar). During this time, thousands of worshippers climb the mountain to pray at the various religious sites. There are a total of 14 pagodas. A city of bamboo is constructed at the base of the mountain in just one week to cater for the occasion. Impressive! This place is just below Thien Tru pagoda, where we have lunch at Mai Lam restaurant after the walk.
- Country road.
- Boat trip on Yen river.
- Walk to the main pagoda.
- If we go to Huong Tich cave first, lunch will be a bit later and we visit Thien Tru Pagoda after lunch.
- Cable car is now available from Thien Tru Pagoda to Huong Tich Cave. Ticket is not included in the price.
CRAFT VILLAGES. Day trip, ~ 120 km.
Bat Trang (15 km south-east of Hanoi)
Bat Trang is famous as Vietnam's top ceramics and pottery producer. The craft started in late 14th century with techniques imported from China. Artisans create super ceramic vases and other masterpieces in their coal or gas kilns: hot sweaty work.
Dong Ky (18 km north east of Hanoi)
A past glory: Dong Ky was famous as Vietnam's top firecracker village until 1995 when the government banned firecrackers. Every year, they held a competition for the loudest firecracker.
A fast switch: It's now one of the top traditional producers of furniture inlaid with mother of pearl. They also custom-make handcrafted furniture.
...also see some beautiful temples or pagodas on road!
Vietland Explore organizes only all-inclusive full package motorcycle,motorbike,motorbiking and adventure tours.
- Motorbike, all fuel;
- Tour guide / Translator;
- Motorbiking protective pants, jacket, gloves, helmet, rain gear, and other safety equipments;
- Third party motorbike insurance;
- All entrance fees, permits, tickets, boat trips, ferries, bamboo rafts, etc...
- Voyage Vietnam assistance throughout your trip;
- We also love to celebrate our guests' birthday ... well anything for a celebration on the open road!
* Personal expenses (such as souvenirs), personal insurance, drinks, train or flight tickets, food and accommodation in Hanoi, and tips are not included in our fee.
Book this tour |
Customized tour |